Instructor - Applied Construction
Category: High School Teaching - Career Tech Ed/Instructor
Date Posted: 3/7/2018
Location: Kent ISD Kent Career Technical Center
Date Closing: 03/19/2018
V A C A N C Y N O T I C E
Job Title: Instructor – Applied Construction
Kent Career Tech Center
Full Time/School Year
The Applied Construction Technology Instructor shall deliver the State of Michigan Curriculum as regulated by the Office of Career and Technical Education to students in the Applied Construction Technology program for Kent Career Technical Center.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree and Interim Occupational Certificate or Occupational Education Certificate in Construction Trades (CIP Code 47 .9901).
- Or, if no Occupational Certificate, the ability to qualify for Annual Occupational Authorization in Construction Trades which requires a minimum of two years or 4,000 hours (within the last 5 years) of recent and relevant paid work experience in the construction industry.
- Must possess a valid and current Michigan Builder's License.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with bus driver endorsement.
- Communication and business networking skills required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, technology skills, be detailed and team oriented.
- Experience working with high school age students and diverse student populations, preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Assigns lessons and corrects student work.
- Administers assessments to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Keeps attendance records.
- Maintains a positive system of classroom management.
- Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Performs related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting course of study, and counseling student in adjustment and academic problems.
- Manage program accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the construction of a residential property.
- Confer with advisory members to discuss curriculum requirements, industry standards, and to coordinate activities.
- Facilitate work-based learning experiences for students (field trips, job shadows, internships, job placement).
- Promote and market the KCTC Applied Construction Technology program and overall KCTC programs.
- Teach job entry skills and maintain an instructional program that reflects the actual work environment.
Based on Master Agreement, Commensurate with Experience. ($43,246-$54,701)
- MA scale considered with Interim Occupational Certificate or Occupational Education Certificate
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision; sick and personal days; State of Michigan School Employment retirement program
Posting Dates: 3/7/2018-3/19/2018 @ 4pm
To Apply: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position.
Applications must be completed online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application status. All candidates will be timely notified regarding their application status.
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire.
It is the policy of the Kent ISD School Board that no student, staff member or candidate for any position in the District shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ancestry, age, gender/sex, sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight, veteran status, political belief or physical/mental disability which does not impair their ability to perform adequately in the individual's particular position or activity, excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or to be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which the Kent ISD School Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. The Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II is: Coni Sullivan, Esq., Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Legal Services.
Kent ISD uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.